As we approach the beginning of our modified season, we anticipate that there will be much excitement as our players get ready to suit up and jump back on the ice but our arenas and entrance and exit protocols will look much different this time around. West London Hockey have worked closely with our local health unit and the City of London to assure that the safety of our families is priority one aside from having a ton of fun along the way!
West London Hockey have created a Health & Safety committee that have created an extremely detailed program which acknowledge each and every aspect involved with newly designed protocols that must be adhered to prior to arena arrival, physically entering and exiting the the arena and include mandatory health assessments. We must give these protocols careful attention as we navigate through our upcoming season and we ask that each and every family read both the information provided on our website homepage under the "COVID 19 HEALTH & SAFETY DOCUMENTS
" in addition to a summary of this information indicated below.
- Access ONLY for on-ice participants. NO PUBLIC ACCESS to arena
- Entry is permitted 15 minutes before your ice time. All participants are to enter through the designated entrance door. Your designated team Covid Rep will meet each group outside of the rink and take the entire group inside together. Team Covid Rep will check in with city staff inside the door and proceed directly to your dressing room. Please review Bostwick_Path_of_Travel
- Masks must be worn at all times in the facility and dressing room. Prior to going on the ice, participants can remove their mask, leave the dressing room maintaining a 2m safe distance and enter the ice surface. Once back in the dressing room the mask must go back on immediately.
- Dressing Rooms will be available and assigned for each group. Maximum for each room is dependent on the arena and posted outside the dressing room. Additional seating is available outside the dressing room or in the lobby if needed.
- Players are asked to come fully dressed for their ice time
- SPECTATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED until the earliest Oct 19. West London Hockey will confirm if spectators will be allowed after Oct 19 shortly. A maximum of 1 parent/guardian may enter the dressing room with their participant if assistance is required to get on the ice. They must maintain their distance from other individuals outside their household. After assistance is provided and they are on the ice the parent/guardian is required to leave the arena. They may re-enter once the session is complete.
- Players must remain in their dressing room until their ice time. Waiting and lingering in the hall is not permitted.
- Follow directional signage once inside the facility to maintain flow of traffic and appropriate distancing.
- All participants must depart the facility within 15 minutes after coming off the ice surface. No lingering in the facility. Follow the directional signage to the appropriate exit.
- Showers will not be available.
- RESPECT THE RINK – No spitting, no Littering, take out what you bring in!
- Absolutely no outside food or drink permitted in the facility at any point in time
- All families must download the "JAVELIN" app available on both App Store and Google Play. Obtain your "Team Access Code" from your coach. Set up your profile within the app ahead of time and approve health check using the JAVELIN app on each and every day of your players development session. If health check is not confirmed using JAVELIN app, there is a chance your player will not be permitted in arena for his/her session until confirmation has been validated.
We are looking forward to this season but we will require each and everyone of our families to work together to assure that we adhere to the above processes and protocols put into place by our Health & Safety committee. In the event you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Looking forward to seeing our families at the arena once again! Stay safe Hawkey families!