November 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintNovember 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

November 12, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Mark Annett, Lisa Boyce, Ryan Brown, Jeff Brush, Nathan Doan, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Bruce Hayward, Shawn Phibbs, Kristie Roff, Trisha Phibbs

Absent:  Chris Latour, Andy Manna, Spencer Noonan, Brady Parr

 

October Minutes

Motion to approve October minutes by Jeff, seconded by Shawn.  Moved.

GLHA

PRIVIT – families to go back in to complete Rowan’s Law & Medical Form once teams loaded.  We couldn’t do this at the beginning of the year because participants did not know what team they were on.  Can do Rowan’s and medical.

IP & Novice Coaches MUST have C1.  No other certification accepted.  C1 geared for these age groups.

West will follow Hockey Canada guidelines for coaching certifications.  Hard to get enough coaches for HL if we want higher qualifications.  Would “strongly recommend” assistant coaches get coaching certifications.  Run clinics in March and September for C1.  Cost is approximately $118.  There is online, in class, on ice portion.

CHL Meetings – CHL to start fining organizations that do not attend the meeting.  If Frank or Mark cannot attend they need to email the board.

 

Meeting with City

Shawn and Derek met with Mike and Brad.  They agreed to cut down the shelf and secure it to the wall in the outer West room.  Talked about needing more ice.  Mike thinks it is possible.  Spring tryouts for everyone except Atom.  Discussed needing second set of half boards.  Brad to look for a spot to store a second set.  Good conversation about the Y.  Derek to set up a meeting between West/City/YMCA.

 

House League

Teams are fairly balanced.  Everyone happy and quiet.

 

IP

No update.

 

Novice

Jersey issue resolved.  Jeff to arrange a meeting with all Minor Novice and Novice, HL and MD coaches regarding ½ boards. 

 

Select

We have 4 Midget teams.  Jim English has 17 kids that would like to form “select” team and go into West London tournament.  Would need to put tryout up on website for this team.  Shawn to talk to Jim.

 

MD

No update.

 

Mustangs

Citywide Mustangs is a go.  There will be 1 Mustang committee.  Application to go online for Chairperson soon.  Ice schedulers to remain as is for now.  2 reps from each board.

 

Tournament

Tournament is full with 140ish teams.  Minor Atom A had their 4th team pull out.  Jeff to contact remaining 3 teams and potentially close that division.

Jarrett family willing to give out awards.  West could make banners with “new name” for the arenas to display during this year’s tournament.  Ryan to get history from the family.

 

Risk

Kristie continuing to work on getting police checks, declarations, coach’s code of conduct.

 

Equipment

Need to clean out back equipment room.  Bruce to send out a couple of possible dates for a clean out.

Need goal sticks – ask Brady to post on website.

 

Hockey Development

Eric Rogers ran goalie clinic.  12-15 goalies.  Ryan would recommend him again.  Had minor novice to Bantam aged goalies.

January 24th is a PD Day.  Looking to run Defense clinic.  Shawn to look at getting ice.

 

Communications

Everyone seemed very happy with photographer.  Ran well.  Pictures look good.

November email blast:  Goalie sticks, defense camp, tournament volunteers

 

Sponsorship

No update.

 

Registration

Board members for At-Large roster when qualified coach or trainer not available.  Frank, Ryan,
Derek, Bruce (Trainer), Kristie (Trainer), Mark Annett, Nathan, Shawn, Jeff Brush (Coach/Trainer).

Ice Update

Shawn spoke with Art about November 2nd issue where Novice team refused to remove ½ boards.  Jeff to have meeting.

IPad issue where no one is in office to get/return IPads.  Move IPad box upstairs?  Shawn to talk to Mike again.

 

Finances

Budget sent out for everyone to see.  Lisa receiving team bank statements.  Recommend scanning and sending to team.

 

 

 

Miscellaneous

Trophy case – Should be a key at Bostwick.

Shoebox Project - $300 to team towards Palasad party that collects the most.  Brady to post on website.

Jeff Brush – OK to AP Novice MD goalie to Atom MD.

Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, December 10th, 7pm at Bostwick

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 10:48 PM