October 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintOctober 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

October 8, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Mark Annett, Ryan Brown, Nathan Doan, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Bruce Hayward, Chris Latour, Andy Manna, Spencer Noonan,  Brady Parr, Shawn Phibbs, Kristie Roff, Trisha Phibbs

Absent:  Lisa Boyce, Jeff Brush,

 

September Minutes

Motion to approve September minutes by Chris, seconded by Andy.  Moved.

GLHA

Not a lot to update.  Meeting tomorrow. 

1.       Atom Pathway

2.       Mustangs Structure

 

House League

Coaches are in place.  Most have their equipment. 

 

IP

Additional jerseys, socks, medals have come in.  Jerseys are getting name bars put on. 

 

Novice

Frank has met with major novice coaches, will meet with minor.  Chris will look after MD.

 

Select

Potentially 3 teams.  Secured 3 coaches.  All self-funded.  Funds to be collected by manually for tryouts.

 

MD

Midget team selected.  Some lopsided results OMHA vs West major teams.

 

Mustangs

Meeting yesterday.  Shawn to schedule photos.  GLHA still wants a “White/Purple” day.  Between the split?  Is there interest in concussion testing?  West will do their own if Sionainn is not running one for Mustangs.  Can we do it without the opening presentation?  West to store old Mustangs White jerseys.

 


 

Tournament

A lot of Novice teams.  Jeff closed A divisions.  Should we mandate hotels through CSTT for guaranteed tournament entry?  Compare CSTT hotels to registration?

 

Risk

Kristie working on getting police checks, declarations, coach’s code of conduct.

 

Equipment

Bruce to send out an email, post sign, Brady to post something on the internet to put things back where they belong in an orderly fashion in the equipment room.  Jerseys just tossed into the room.  Things have gone missing.

Ordered 25 puck bags and 2 cases of pucks.  Can we put something on the website looking for goal sticks and chest protectors.

Recommend 2 equipment managers next year.  Can we put something on the website to look for help for this year?

 

Hockey Development

Parents happy with the goal clinic.  Looking to run another clinic on a PD Day with goal coach from UWO Women’s team.

 

Communications

Pictures last weekend at Nichols for MD.  Ran well.  Currently scheduling HL, then IP.

 

Sponsorship

Palasad – 2 Hawks nights (potentially Oct. 24 and Feb 27).  Will kick back 10% to West.  Brady to promote on website.

Bernies – Hawks night?  Open to suggestions.

Caravan Kids – Spencer taking the lead on this.  Photographer to photograph teams, Trisha to send contact information to Spencer.

 

Registration

Registration closed.  Most teams completely full.

 

Ice Update

HL schedules finishing up through January.  HL to use paper gamesheets until further notice.  If we get another set of ½ ice boards will be able to schedule tyke and novice better.  Is there room to store them at Bostwick?  Original boards were approximately $7500.00.


 

Miscellaneous

Trophy case – who has the key?

Gamesheet box back up at Bostwick.  Shawn to collect gamesheets there.

Doug Jarrett family excited to be part of the tournament.  Possibly start Doug Jarrett scholarship. 

3 year phase in of Doug Jarrett name into tournament. 

Year 1 – West London / Doug Jarrett

Year 2 – Doug Jarrett / West London

Year 3 – Doug Jarrett. 

Family is putting together bio for the website.

 

Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, November 12th, 7pm at Bostwick

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Monday, February 24, 2020 at 1:28 PM