September 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintSeptember 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

September 10, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Mark Annett, Lisa Boyce, Ryan Brown, Jeff Brush, Nathan Doan, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Mark Flick, Bruce Hayward, Chris Latour, Spencer Noonan,  Brady Parr, Shawn Phibbs, Kristie Roff, Trisha Phibbs

Absent:  Andy Manna

 

August Minutes

Motion to approve August minutes by Spencer Noonan, seconded by Ryan Brown.  Moved.

GLHA

Select will not be run by the GLHA this year.  Select to be run by the 4 associations.  Chris Hodgins will run it for West London.

Privit / Rowan’s Law

West and Bandits were the only 2 associations that tried to use Privit.  Hopefully will run better next year and be linked to the HCR.

 

House League

Evaluations this weekend.  Need 3 coaches (Minor PeeWee, Atom, Minor Atom).  Coaches meeting Monday at 7pm.  Bruce will hand out equipment at that time.

 

IP

179 registered.  Evaluations Saturday.  Grouping all 2015s together for the season.  Have ordered 40 more jerseys/socks/medals.

 

Novice

157 players.  Both goalies trying out for MD.  Some minors will have to move up to major.  Gender Identity talk completed.

 

MD

Tryouts wrap up tomorrow night (with the exception of Midget).  Bandits adding extra PeeWee team which will be Bandits and West players.  This will be run by the Bandits.

 

Mustangs

Meeting cancelled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tournament

130 teams registered (92 at this time last year).  Heavy in novice, weak in A.

Idea to rename tournament to Doug Jarrett Memorial Tournament.  Family support it and may do something like an MVP award.  Doug was the first NHL player from London.  Emails would be sent out at the end of the year to teams to make them aware of the name change.  Would do gradual name change and keep West London a part of the name in the early stages.

Motion by Spencer to start process of renaming tournament.  Seconded by Ryan.  MOVED. 

Spencer and Ryan will work together on this.

 

Risk

Kristie to collect police checks and declarations once teams are made and collect new Concussion Code of Conduct for bench staff and on-ice helpers.

 

Equipment

MD jerseys have gone out. 

No new style Midget MD jerseys.  Derek said they had jerseys when he coached Midget MD (where did they go?). 

We are going to be short jerseys in HL due to high registration numbers. 

Blue pucks are in.  Goalie equipment in.

Conflict jerseys are in coach’s room.

 

Hockey Development

Had 90+ skaters at the preseason skates.  Have 20 goalies for the goalie clinic (will let 1 goalie in off waiting list for 21).  3 PD points available for certified DS1 coaches that attend the goalie clinic.

 

Communications

Photo Day for MD – October 5th at Nichols.  For HL and IP – November 2, 6, and 7.

 

Ice Update

Still waiting for Shamrock to be scheduled.

 

Registration

West = largest association in London.

 

Financials

Skewed because all tournament expenses in.

 


 

Miscellaneous

 

Alliance Presidents Meeting

                Babsocks fundraiser

                Atom Pathway – no tryouts April – Aug.  Playoffs round robin tournament style.

                Option to open registration earlier.  March?

                Alliance Championships – no one has stepped up to host next year.

                Coaches must have helmet.  Anyone on West ice must have helmet and chin strap.

                2 Deep rule – not parents.

 

Sponsorship

Byron Pizza – sponsoring 2 league nights

Knights – February 7th association night

Flip Give

Palasad - $2000 sponsorship, 2 association nights

 

Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, October 8th, 7pm at Bostwick

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 11:20 PM