July 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintJuly 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

July 9, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Lisa Boyce, Ryan Brown, Jeff Brush, Nathan Doan, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Mark Flick, Spencer Noonan, Trisha Phibbs

Absent:  Mark Annett, Bruce Hayward, Chris Latour, Brady Parr, Shawn Phibbs, Kristie Roff

 

June Minutes

Motion to approve June minutes by Mark Flick, seconded by Ryan Brown.  Moved.

GLHA

Rowan’s Law

On July 1st Rowan’s Law (concussion safety) comes into effect.  All sports required to have participants read age appropriate concussion documentation and sign off on it yearly.  West will put up on the website and email blast every couple of weeks throughout the summer.  Rowan’s Law confirmation sheet to be signed and emailed back to Trisha or handed in before participant can go on the ice.  Additional copies and sign off sheets will be available at MD tryouts and HL evaluations.

MD Championships – in London again.  Jack Boyce to organize.

St. Thomas – staying in the seeded loop for 2019-2020 season

Electronic Game Sheets – coming.  Justin to arrange training for timekeepers.

 

HL – Frank posted for coaching applications.

IP – Nathan/Andy to meet with city regarding a second shed (for goal equipment).  Nathan ordered 2 nets.  Andy ordered jerseys and socks.  Need more blue pucks.  Credit of $372 at Herm’s.

Novice – Mark Flick to email re: Minor Novice MD/HL to families. 

Mustangs

Jr. Mustangs have signed a new 4 year agreement with the university.  Pete’s and Source are now the official suppliers.

 

Tournament – 57 teams registered (this does not include West teams expected to register).  Heavy Minor/Major Novice registrations.

 

Risk – no update

 

Equipment – MD socks are ordered.  Teams will be invoiced for jersey deposit and will sign acknowledgement for all equipment borrowed.

 


 

Hockey Development

1.        Preseason Skates – August 27th and 28th. 

2.       Goalie Clinics – September 17th and 19th with Steve McKichan.  Will also run a 1 hour off ice session for coaches.  Ryan to talk to Tyler about coaches points.

3.       PD Day clinics – 3 PD Day Fridays at Bostwick

 

Communications – Brady working on getting photographer for the season photos

 

Sponsorship -  Spencer to meet with Bruce to go over sponsors on jerseys and following up with suppliers. 

 

Investments – Spencer to contact Justin and bring proposal to August board meeting.

 

Ice – no update

 

Registrations – currently sit around 225 registered

 

Financial – no update

 

Interlock – Happening again this year.  Major teams would play CC and below (last year was B and above).  Minor teams would play AE teams (last year was CC and below). 

 

Motion to adjourn the meeting by Derek.  Seconded by Ryan.  Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, August 13th, 7pm at Bostwick

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Monday, February 24, 2020 at 12:48 PM