June 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintJune 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

June 17, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Mark Annett, Ryan Brown, Jeff Brush, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Mark Flick, Bruce Hayward, Chris Latour, Spencer Noonan, Brady Parr, Trisha Phibbs, Shawn Phibbs, Kristie Roff

Absent:  Lisa Boyce, Nathan Doan, Bruce Hayward

Others:  Justin Hoffer, Darryl VanSlyke

 

May Minutes

Motion to accept May minutes by Ryan, seconded by Chris.  Moved.

GLHA priorities (a West London perspective)

1.       Atom Pathway

2.       Citywide Mustangs

3.       Communication

HL – Frank and Mark to meet July/August to go over coaching applicants.

IP – Timbits application done.  Agree with Alliance that 3 year olds should not be in IP program.  Brady to put “not a learn to skate” on the website.  Will negotiate with TPH and TAG for tyke pricing.  Possibly develop a tyke “splash” page.

Select – Select up in the air.  Very difficult to schedule select.  West DOES support having a select program.

MD Coach Selections

Midget – Ben Charlebois

Minor Midget – Shawn Phibbs

Bantam – Brad Morris

Minor Bantam – Mike Guyette

PW – Chris Latour

Minor PW – Sean Joiner

Atom – Jeff Brush

Minor Atom – Jamie Gardiner

Novice MD1 – Ryan Brown

Novice MD2 – Mark Annett

Minor Novice – Nathan Doan

Minor Novice – TBA

 

Mustangs

Budget reviews tomorrow night.  Working towards having own bank account.  140 Bandits, 97 West at tryouts.

Tournament – 27 teams registered

 

Risk – Board members need to do Code of Conduct

 

Financial – Kristie to get bank card.  Kristie will talk to Lisa about removing Justin as signing authority.

 

Equipment - need 2 nets and shed.  It is in the budget

 

Hockey Development

Coaching requirements not updated.  Atom and up clinics.  Goalie clinics.  Make list of potential clinics.  What do coaches want?  Preseason skates?

Run another DS1 clinic in the fall?  Ryan to talk to Tyler about doing a group evaluation to get certified due to the lengthy backlog.

 

Communications – Website needs to be updated.  Everyone should check their respective pages and let know what Brady needs to update.  Forms to be updated.

 

Sponsorship -  $10,560 in sponsorship last season.  Palasad wants to revamp agreement.  Possibley loyalty cards, family night.  Spencer to reach out to Bernies, Snipe, Skyzone, the Factory.  Source inquired whether we wanted more or anything specific available.  If so, let Spencer know.

 

Alliance Structure meeting – looking for new place for AGM.  London hosting MD championships again this season.  Burlington Jr. Cougars in seeded.  Burlington Bulldogs in MD.

 

LRG and schedulers to meet.  Price increase.  New rules.

 

Photography

Brady to contact companies.  Mark to report back on Camera Canada.  They are doing soccer photos.  They were in the running last year but XGen offered better sponsorship package to West London. 

 

Additional Bench Staff – In the past West charged for more than 5 bench staff.  We will go back to doing this.

 

Meeting adjourned.

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 4:45 AM