Jan 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintJan 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

January 8, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

 

Approve December Minutes

Motion to approve November minutes.  Seconded Moved.

 

Arena Ice Allocation

Ice early April for teams making it to the MD Championships.

Ice early August for preseason skates.

 

West Photos

Few different issues with West photos this year.  MD ran behind schedule, HL ran fine, tyke had issues.  Players coaches placed on incorrect teams for pictures.

Motion to outline how we want pictures done when looking for photographers.  Seconded.  Moved.

 

Communication to Membership

How can we communicate board discussions/decisions to West families?

Motion to put a “recap” on the website after it has been approved at the following meeting.  Seconded.  Moved.

 

MD Update

Music issue during West MD game

North boy gave the impression to the timekeeper that he was allowed to play music during the game.  Timekeeper allowed him into the box.  Boy then proceeded to celebrate North’s goals but not West goals.  Timekeepers to be reminded that they are off ice officials and no others are allowed into the timekeeper’s box with them.

Shamrock

MD teams should be playing AE teams not Rep teams.  MD teams averaging 7-0 loss against Rep teams.  Justin to bring up issue at next GLHA meeting.  What do East teams want?

 

Atom Pathway

Atom Pathway has passed and will be implemented for the 2021 season.

 

Tournament Update

145 teams

Schedule is done with some minor changes left to do.

Shirts, POG pucks, game pucks, banners, medals ordered.

Arena captains opening arena Friday to come Thursday night to get arena bin and T-shirts.

2 vendors at Western Fair, 1 at Nichols and 1 at Bostwick.

Photographer at Western Fair and Bostwick.

 

Caravan Kids

Caravan Kids brings $4500 sponsorship to West.

Teams need parents to sign email, teams need to have crests sewn on at Teamworks and send in picture.

Should teams that don’t comply be responsible for the $500?

 

Equipment

Need a rack in the front room for conflict jerseys.

Need to get rid of jerseys we don’t use before seasons jerseys are returned.

Need cork board so equipment can be signed out.

Need more goalie sticks.

City does not think they can fit another shed at ice level.

 

Motion to adjourn.  Seconded.  Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting

Tuesday, February 12th, 7pm, Bostwick Arena.

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:16 AM