December 2019 Meeting Minutes (West London Minor Hockey)

PrintDecember 2019 Meeting Minutes

West London Minor Hockey Association

Board Meeting

December 10, 2019, 7:00pm, Bostwick Arena

 

 

Board Members Present:  Mark Annett, Ryan Brown, Jeff Brush, Derek Drummond, Frank Figliomeni, Bruce Hayward, Chris Latour, Spencer Noonan, Brady Parr, Shawn Phibbs, Trisha Phibbs, Kristie Roff

Absent:  Lisa Boyce, Nathan Doan, Andy Manna

 

November Minutes

Motion to approve November minutes by Frank, seconded by Bruce.  Moved.

GLHA

5% fee added to LRG invoices. 

Issue with timekeepers not putting their name on the electronic gamesheets.  Can Gamesheet make this a mandatory field?

Next year Hockey Canada will be changing old division names (Novice, Atom, etc.) to U9, U11, etc.  Will it be U10 and U11 or U11 major/minor?

Registration fees for next season.  Start the budget process earlier this year.  Budget committee to remain the same as last year.  Are we comfortable with where we are?  Need more equipment/jerseys.

 

Meeting with YMCA and City

Derek had a good meeting with YMCA and city.  For the Y it is all about safety.  They don’t want hockey teams using track for this reason.  Warm ups are to be in the gray area upstairs inside the track at the end of rink B.  They want adult supervision for warmups.  The Y/City will put up more signage regarding track use.  They understand that West cannot be responsible for non-West teams.  If a coach needs to get to West room when Y is closed, they need only notify the front desk that they need to get into the West room.  No smoking anywhere on the premises à this includes the parking lot.

 

House League

Not a lot of issues.  Teams still leaving equipment on the ice.  Mark Annett to send out email regarding this.  Sunday night Juvenile HL team drinking in the dressing room after the game.  This was a Bandit Juvenile team.  Bandits have been notified.

 

IP

No update.

 

Novice

No update.

 

Select

Can we roster a Midget Select team late in the season to go in the West tournament?  Trisha to contact the Alliance.  Select has been a scheduling nightmare with teams going into tournaments forcing league games to be rescheduled.

 

MD

Shamrock games much closer this year.

 

Mustangs

Only meeting every other month.  Next meeting in January. 

 

Tournament

Figuring out last few teams.  Scheduling to be done before Christmas.  We will do paper gamesheets.  Trisha to order 400.

 

Risk

Kristie continuing to work on getting police checks, declarations, coach’s code of conduct.

 

Equipment

Bought new sticks and equipment for IP.  Now have 16 full sets of goal equipment for IP.

Shelf still not secured in West room for conflict jerseys.

 

Hockey Development

January PD camp is a go.  Secured Rogers for goaltenders, Snipe and BK.  All 90 minute sessions. 

$35 for 1 session, $50 for 2 sessions (back to back), $35 for goalie session.

Will be a revenue neutral camp.

Lisa to look into E-transfers so we can collect funds.

 

Communications

HL pictures are ready.  Can be picked up at Cherryhill Mall. 

Display case – Brady to ask if we can get a picture of each team for the display case.  Other case for trophies.  Spencer to enquire about banners for cases.

 

Sponsorship

One of the best Byron Pizza nights to date.  Working at Caravan kid sponsorship with Novice teams.  Haven’t had a lot of response to Knights game opportunity.

 

Registration

A couple of kids refunded due to injuries and a couple of tykes added late.  Rosters almost all approved.

 

 

Ice Update

Shawn will give an hour of ice in April to all MD teams that make it to Alliance Championships.

Will ask for ice for 5 preseason skates in August.  Goalie clinic ice?

IPad issue where no one is in office to get/return IPads.  How can we resolve this? 

 

Finances

No update.

 

Miscellaneous

Neil McKay Fundraiser – Brady to put information on website

Derek asked all board members to consider next year.  Who is returning?

Spriet family working on bio and pictures.  Family willing to give out medals at this years tournament.  Puck drop maybe if there is a televised game.  $1000 sponsorship from the family.  How would we use that money?  Scholarship?  Hockey family in financial need?

Tournament Volunteers – Chris to email MD teams.  Brady to post on website.

Meeting adjourned.

 

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, January 14th, 7pm at Bostwick

Printed from westlondonhockey.ca on Monday, February 24, 2020 at 11:37 AM